You write amazing content and you post it for all the right people to read. Then what happens? Either your content makes a big splash or it doesn’t. If the impact isn’t there, there are things that you can do to change that. It is all in the targeting.
It is all in the story
Every piece of content that you write must have a story in it. You don’t want to tell the same story every time but each story should be filled with interesting, compelling words that resonate with your target audience. Your story is a demonstration of how human you are and how much like them you are in so many different ways.
Timing is critical
Although your content must be top quality and it must contain all sorts of things that will make it draw attention, there are still other elements that go into the formula that will make it successful. One of those things is timing. At this point, without a doubt, you will have established the correct (and most appropriate) target audience before this point. Of course, it goes without saying that your content is perfect (or, as close to it as possible) before this point as well.
Now, all you need to worry about is when to post the content for maximum impact. Of course, you probably understand that your content must also be in the proper format, use of language, and the appropriate device as well.
At this point, it is probably helpful to examine the various aspects of this more closely.
- Posting to the appropriate people: The first concept that should drive you is that your content should be married to your target audience. Obviously, if the content is not of interest to your target audience, they will not read what you are posting. If that is the case, you will not have an opportunity to develop any sort of meaningful relationship with them. Without a relationship, you won’t get anywhere. Your content will need to resonate with your target audience members. Your story will need to connect with them on an emotional level because the experiences that you are discussing are their experiences too. Your story must be extremely personal to them.
- Posting the appropriate content: When it comes to your content, it does not go without saying that any content will do. Your content should be well-thought-out and well executed. The truth is that you have taken a great deal of time and effort to establish exactly who your target audience members are and you have taken great pains to make sure that your content truly speaks to those target audience members.
- Posting in the appropriate place at the appropriate time: This is one of the most critical aspects of your content’s success. It is very important for you to establish a solid relationship with your target audience members way before you reach this point. Assuming that you have been able to do that, you will come to understand their habits and preferences as far as reading posts online and interacting are concerned. That will drive you to post your content in the right groups and at the right times of day and on the most effective days of the week. It isn’t that difficult to establish this. It is just that you need to wrap your mind around those concepts for them to work for you.
- Posting in the appropriate format and on the appropriate device: This is more important than you might think. Considering how many people view their content on some sort of mobile device nowadays, it is important that you optimize your content accordingly. The average business person is most likely not sitting in front of the computer on the desk, waiting for content to come in. He or she is on the go, attending meetings, etc. Content must be at the person’s fingertips wherever he or she happens to be at the time.
- Using the appropriate language: The language that you choose for your content is an extremely important part of how you communicate and although you never want to lose your individual voice, you will want to use language that the target audience member can respond to positively. Your voice should be clear, concise, and beautifully expressed. There is no doubt that the other person will respond well to that.
You write great, focused content because you are great at what you do and you have a deep understanding of your target audience. Your content should always be focused on the maximum impact that you can achieve. It is important that you are clear about your niche and your audience. If you follow the approach that was discussed here, you will start to see positive results that will make a tremendous difference to your business.