Writing a Blog post is very important for all businesses to get their message out there and also to keep themselves in the public eye.
People have a million and one things to think about and so will usually not be ready to buy at the time they see your blog but your presence will have been noted in the back of their mind.
This hopefully will lead to them recalling your brand and considering your offer when they do require what you are offering.
By keeping a visible presence online in the way of posts and articles will add to your credibility and will make it easier for you to get through doors.
People are naturally very sceptical about purchasing from someone new, so seeing your articles regularly will keep you in good stead and people will trust you and see you as an expert in your field.
Remember, people do need to see an ad or blog an average of 7 times to consider your offer or to take you seriously.
Where To Blog
There are a few free online blogging platforms for you to start blogging on.
- Linked In
- WordPress website (your own)
Do a search online and get cracking!
How To Blog
Your blog needs to be one of 5 things to be successful and keep people interested.
- Informative – Inform them of the benefits and features of your offer. It may be just what they need to make their life complete! Remember most people don’t realise they need something until it is shown to them
- Educational – Post “how to” guides to show people how to do things which they have no experience of.
- Inspirational – Inspire people to take action on something they keep putting off
- Entertaining – Light hearted humour or good reading
- Promotional. – not too much but do promote your brand.
Keep all those in mind when you blog. It will make the difference whether people will switch off or not.
Creating a Blog Post – Some Basics
A good post will be between 300 – 900 words. Google prefers posts of this length and will index them easier.
Keywords should be at the beginning and end of every post.
Use Headings – I.e H 1, H2 Etc
Use good Headlines to capture attention. (Emotional Marketing Value Analyzer will help you.)
Think of your audience and what problems you can solve for them.
Try and give a free E book or other of value for your clients.
If you are not blogging regularly, you will be losing out on a lot of business.