Blogging is one of the best things you can do to communicate with your customers. it can also help you acquire new customers and get lots of traffic to your website. Another benefit of blogging is that it will increase your credibility in the eyes of your readers. Unfortunately though, it requires a significant amount of time and effort. In order to speed up the process here are 7 ways which will help.
1. Anytime you have a good idea for a post, write it down somewhere. Over time you will build up a nice list of ideas. It is too easy to forget something if you do not write it down. Not all of them will be good but you will have lots to choose and mix from. You may even be able to improve them as you review them later and think some more about them.
2. Pick one idea you came up with and then consider what you might like to add to it. One idea might be “3 Ways To Write Faster”. Come up with more solutions or tips you might want to add to this and write them down. This is a great way to free the mind and allow it to come up with more methods.
3. For any blog post you will need to do some research. You might be fairly knowledgeable about the subject but it is useful to do research and get a more in-depth understanding from other sources. Your readers will appreciate the extra effort and this will also increase your credibility.
4. You may come up with lots of extra points for your original idea. Look them over and decide what you are going to leave out. For instance not every idea is necessary to make your point. Leave out the weakest ones and concentrate on the stronger ones. You may even decide to change the number of points you were going to use. Only use what you really need to get your point across, any extra may just be unnecessary fluff.
5. Before you start to do any writing at all, you should create an outline of what you are going to do. This will help keep you focused and reduce the time to complete the article.
6. So now you should be ready to get started, It is beneficial to have a nice area to do your writing. Make sure you are free from all distractions. Try to pick a time when you are unlikely to be disturbed, and turn off your phone. Keeping your work area neat and tidy will also help you organise your thoughts. I find it helpful to set a timer, it stops you from wasting time and is a clear focus point to concentrate your efforts on. Then get started writing. Keep writing, no spell checking, corrections, grammar etc. Just get it finished first.
7. It is best to leave it for a while after you are finished. Even leave it for as much as 24 hours. Then you can come back and do any editing or corrections at that time. You will be reading your post anew with fresh eyes and will be more able to spot any errors or flow problems.
Practice makes perfect. you will notice that the more time you spend writing blog posts the faster you will become. As you become more proficient you will come to enjoy writing and stop putting it off. Eventually it will become second nature to you and you will be writing posts daily.