In order to create your own blog there are five simple steps to follow.
1. Select your niche. Chances are you if you’re ready to create your own blog you already know what niche you are working with. Having this knowledge will make it easier to create blog posts and content once you are up and running.
2. Domain name and hosting company. Next you need to create or identify your domain name and register this in your own name. Depending on the company you use, both registering the name and the hosting can be by the same company and often, the same company can provide website templates, all ready to go, just requiring you to choose colour schemes and layout as well as pictures, etc you wish to include. Due tot he user-friendly requirements of internet users today, companies such as WordPress provide all information, live chat support and guidance to get your blog up and running.
3. Personalization. Your blog needs to reflect you and the personalization including colour scheme, layout and links or plugins help to make your blog accessible and compatible with Facebook, Twitter and other social media, allowing unlimited exposure to friends, family or trending topics.
4. Content. In order to get people to read your blog you need to add content regularly. This content or posting can be about anything related to your niche market. It can also include links to any products you are selling, products you are advertising on behalf of others or videos, images and so on. It is possible to add pages to your blog to incorporate other sections or subjects including an “About Me” page so your visitors know who you are, what you want to talk about and hopefully gain an association with you and your blog content, commenting on your posts and recommending your site to others.
5. Blog Post Ideas. It is often difficult to keep coming up with new, interesting and thought-inspiring blog posts but there are lots of ways to generate new ideas.
6. Regular additions. To ensure your blog is recognised by search engines and is listed when internet users look for associated topics, you need to add regular content to your blog and also include links to external sites as well as your own internal posts or pages.
7. Enjoy your blog. Last of all, make sure you enjoy running and posting on your blog. Your enthusiasm and willingness to share, advise and support others in your niche will encourage visitors again and again to visit, read and comment on your site.